Friday, June 11, 2010

Moved & Settling In

So I've been slacking with this blog. I need to do some updating since a lot has changed recently, though most of the people that actually do read this already know.

A few weeks ago we moved to Ann Arbor, yes, the maize and blue country! Mike has been working in Ann Arbor since last November and we finally sold our house in April. (we had it for sale for 6 months, which really is not too bad considering the market, but it still felt like forever since Ellie and I were away from Mike during the week). I have a whole new respect for single moms! It is really hard to be the only parent and never get a break. Work was considered my "break" away from mommy-ness. =) (Thankfully Mike's parents, who lived about 3 minutes away, did watch Ellie for me when I needed help on occasion. My friend Jenna and my sis-in-law Brenda watched Ellie a little bit longer on the days I worked. Also, thanks to my other friends and fam that watched Ellie in a pinch!)

Now our family is back together 7 days a week. Mike was coming home just on the weekends for those 6 months. Luckily we have some great friends (Thank you SO much Dan & Jen! You guys are awesome! ) who Mike was able to stay with during this transition. We are now living in an apartment for the time being, while I look for a job and we figure out what area we want to live in. It is a bit of a change for me being home all day during the week since I am used to working, as well as not knowing a ton of people or knowing my way around the area. I know how to get to the major stores, so that's all that matters for now I guess. =) I do know for sure that I am not cut out to stay at home! I love being with Ellie, but it is just not my calling to be home every day, ALL DAY LONG. I am a busy body and just need my own time to challenge my brain once in a while I guess. Hopefully something will happen soon with the job situation. But it is nice to be able to go to the beach with Ellie whenever so I will enjoy it while it lasts. I am glad that it is summer and we can be outside a lot. I am so excited to be in Ann Arbor, back with my wonderful husband, and love the area so far.

Here are a few highlights from the past month or so....

Packing was a lot more fun for Ellie and Maizy than for me. =) Those stuffed animals on the floor had a hard time staying packed for some reason.

The scary thing is that it almost didn't fit in the door when delivery guys came. I almost had a heart attack and REALLY hated that we were living in an apartment at that moment! Luckily they took the legs off and we were good to go. I took this picture so that I will know how we are going to have to get it out when we move. That day will be fun, I just know it. ha!


Memorial weekend we had a lot of fun. We took a trip to the John Ball Zoo with Grammy & Papa Raska and Ellie's cousin's Keaton & Kyndra.



We went on a 40ft. yacht from Grand Haven to Holland and ate at Boatwerks for dinner that same day. Thanks for the fun Jerry & Kris! As you can see, Ellie was loving her life jacket.




Here is Ellie at Mike's aunt & uncle's house on Memorial Day chasing bubbles and being very patriotic about it.



Until next time...

2 comments:

LJC said...

FINALLY! :)

Emily said...

So jealous of your beach! Glad to hear you guys are settling in and how awesome for you to be a family again!! :) Is that couch microsuede? That is the easiest thing to clean!! Hope the transition continues to go well for you guys!